LAKE ISEO - Study visit to legal Italy (June 2021 - III edition)
The 2020 edition of this program was canceled due to COVID19. The next edition will be held in the summer 2021.
The program consists of a 5-day study visit to combine the wonderful food, wine and art of Northern Italy with direct exposure to the Continental system of law and justice. The program will include:
• lectures on current developments in Italian and European law by:
- Dr. Stefano Maffei, Academic lawyer, Former Fulbright Scholar at Temple Law School, Philadelphia (currently a lecturer at the University of Parma);
- Prof. Luca Passanante, academic and practising lawyer, expert in civil procedure (University of Brescia);
- Prof. Michele Papa, Comparative criminal law expert, former Visiting Professor at Columbia Law School.
• observation of trials in the Brescia Court of first instance and court of appeal
• meeting with local judges, prosecutors and lawyers
• “speed dating” session with alumni of the EFLIT-English for law program